Top AI predictions for 2023 from Forbes, Index Ventures, Sequoia and others
GPT4, fundamental models, generative AI, where are we headed?
As the year draws to a close, it is time to look ahead and see what the future holds for artificial intelligence. According to industry experts from Forbes, Index Ventures and other leading VCs and firms, the AI landscape of 2023 will evolve ever more rapidly!
- Forbes - 10 AI Predictions For 2023
- Bain Capital - Five Predictions for AI in 2023
- Antonio Gulli - 2023: 12 predictions for AI
- Lightning AI - What WON’T Happen in AI in 2023
More great articles worth reading
- Index Ventures - Every Software Application Will Incorporate AI
- Molly Welch - What's unsolved in generative AI?
- Sequoia Capital - Generative AI: A Creative New World
Forbes - 10 AI Predictions For 2023
- GPT-4 will be released in the next couple months—and yes, it will be a big deal.
- We are going to start running out of data to train large language models.
- For the first time, some members of the general public will begin using fully driverless cars as their day-to-day mode of transportation.
- Midjourney will raise venture capital funding.
- Search will change more in 2023 than it has since Google went mainstream in the early 2000s.
- Efforts to develop humanoid robots will attract considerable attention, funding and talent. Several new humanoid robot initiatives will launch.
- The concept of “LLMOps” will emerge as a trendy new version of MLOps.
- The number of research projects that build on or cite AlphaFold will surge.
- DeepMind, Google Brain, and/or OpenAI will undertake efforts to build a foundation model for robotics.
- Many billions of dollars of new investment commitments will be announced to build chip manufacturing facilities in the United States as the U.S. makes contingency plans for Taiwan.
Bain Capital - Five Predictions for AI in 2023
- Unstructured streaming ETL goes mainstream.
- New hardware architectures emerge for foundation models.
- The LLM economy comes online.
- Models execute code, instead of just writing it.
- Early versions of multi-modal models will inspire us.
Antonio Gulli - 2023: 12 predictions for AI
- Search and Generative AI will progressively converge.
- Music Generative AI will become a real thing.
- Video AI will go mainstream.
- Serverless AI is a need.
- Different ML techniques will be blended.
- A new learning algorithm will be conceived.
- Distributed learning and ML Hybrid Cloud are the new norm.
- New coding languages and software best practices will be developed.
- Large Multimodal Models are the kings.
- We will get to quadrillion parameters.
- Neuromorphic computing and Mortal computing will finally emerge.
- More students for Multidisciplinary AI.
Lightning AI - What WON’T Happen in AI in 2023
- ChatGPT isn’t going to replace Google.
- Fully driverless cars won’t be taking over your morning commute.
- Stable Diffusion won’t go beyond artistic use cases.
- The fight between traditional artists and AI won’t be resolved this year.
- The days of unregulated AI are coming to an end.
More great articles worth reading
There is no shortage of excellent resources available on artificial intelligence trends and predictions, but these articles are especially worth reading as we move into 2023.
- Index Ventures - Every Software Application Will Incorporate AI. Source
- Molly Welch - What's unsolved in generative AI? Source
- Sequoia Capital - Generative AI: A Creative New World. Source
- Rex Woodbury - 2023 Predictions from 40 Founders, Investors, and Operators. Source